Bill.com is a leading digital business payments company with a network of over 3 million members, managing more than $60 billion annually. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com cloud-based Payment Management Platform automates, simplifies, and controls the payments process, saving more than 50 percent of the time typically spent. Bill.com partners with seven of the leading U.S financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 accounting firms, major accounting software providers including NetSuite, Intacct, QuickBooks and Xero, and is the preferred provider of digital payments solutions for CPA.com, the technology arm of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Winner of more than 70 awards, Bill.com is recognized as one of San Francisco Business Times’ and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “2018 Best Places to Work.”
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated person to join Bill.com’s Product Management team and help us eliminate the use of paper checks with Small and Medium Sized Businesses!!! This person will help reinvent the way Small and Medium Sized Businesses pay and get paid with focus on how that is done in partnership with Banks and other Financial Institutions. Leading the way to driving massive growth and adoption with our Bill.com Connect Product Line.
- Own and manage the bank channel roadmap to continuously improve the Connect platform offering and to make Connect the market leading small and medium business banking bill pay and receivables solutions measured by enrollments & engagement.
- Integrate and enable Bill.com Connect to new bank partners/large financial institutions.
- Identify opportunities to scale and quicker time to market for Connect offering to multiple bank partners.
- By clearly understanding the banks needs and end user needs, enable features in Connect that would benefit all banks with the goal of increasing enrollment & engagement with best customer experience.
- Manage the existing bank partners and conduct periodic sync-ups with the various bank partners to understand the top challenges/roadblocks with respect to conversion and engagement. Propose creative solutions to lift conversion.
Experience/background to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of product management or related professional experience in the software industry.
- Agile product management experience or a like role leading and managing a channel
- Strong product management skills, including most importantly, an ability to differentiate between building what is asked for and what is truly needed
- Experience managing partnerships and strategic business relationships with third party companies is a must. Can deliver presentations to high level internal and external stakeholders successfully
- Experience in Customer Research methodologies (e.g. customer interviews, surveys, behavioral including measuring web analytics and/or A/B testing)
- Proficiency in measuring the effectiveness of features that are implemented
- Proven results driving customer satisfaction (or Net Promoter) with direct to consumers or SMB products
- Experience in cross functional leadership roles including working with Sales, Client Services, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering and other Technology teams to support product positioning and address questions
- BS or University degree, MBA a plus but not required
Competencies needed to be successful in this role:
- Customer Orientation
- Strong Communication skills (Internal and External facing)
- Functional/Technical Expertise (including AGILE)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Alignment to Company Values
- Learning Agility
- Team Player
- Attention to details
What success looks like for an ideal candidate:
- 3 months:
- Fully ramped up on the Bill.com end to end product and customer
- Fully ramped up on the Bill.com Connect offering and ready to start integrations with many banks including large financial institutions/strategic clients
- Clear understanding of the key cross-functional partners for Connect (Product managers, Implementation managers, Account managers, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, CS, etc.) and a good relationship with key players
- 6 to 9 months:
- Successfully implemented Bill.com Connect to a large financial institution
- Data-centric approach to clearly understand the customer segment and customer needs/pain points by bank
- Through data & research, able to come up with creative solutions to drive happy and engaged customers
- Within a year:
- Successfully manage all existing & new bank partners by clearly setting the success criteria for enrollments & engagements. Ideas to hit/exceed the targets and managing the end to end implementation of the prioritized ideas.
- Ideas to scale Bill.com Connect to many banks with a quicker time to market.
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer