fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a member of the Video Input/Output team at fuboTV, you will work on low latency data processing systems that are placed under constant load with near real-time demands. Additionally, you will engineer elegant and reliable solutions for building on top of inconsistent cloud infrastructures that fuboTV uses to cost-effectively scale to support millions of concurrent users.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain, and improve software systems
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs and SQL
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
Software Engineers on the Video Input/Output team are expected to have the following:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a high traffic environment (ideally in a strongly-typed language)
- Experience writing scalable backend applications
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-computed-hosted code (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Solid understanding of relational and key-value store databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, cloud SaaS NoSQL/SQL)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Participate in an on-call rotation and act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest (but polite) feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company