Bill.com is a leading digital business payments company with a network of over 3 million members, managing more than $60 billion annually. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com cloud-based Payment Management Platform automates, simplifies, and controls the payments process, saving more than 50 percent of the time typically spent. Bill.com partners with seven of the leading U.S financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 accounting firms, major accounting software providers including NetSuite, Intacct, QuickBooks and Xero, and is the preferred provider of digital payments solutions for CPA.com, the technology arm of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Winner of more than 70 awards, Bill.com is recognized as one of San Francisco Business Times’ and Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “2018 Best Places to Work.”
We are turning our CS organization into a competitive force, evolving beyond great operational execution towards customer experience, advocacy and a moving to become a key differentiator in our industry. We’re looking for a Team Leader to improve the customer experience, help Customer Advocates grow and develop in their careers with Bill.com, and achieve target SLA’s/customer satisfaction goals. Our leaders develop people, manage process evolution, and focus on driving continuous improvement throughout the Customer Success organization. This is an opportunity for a growth minded leader to get in on the ground floor of growing the Houston office for a rapidly expanding Fintech company, and have a lot of fun along with way.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of two years leading teams in a contact center environment. Chat/ Email channel experience preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to effectively develop, inspire and motivate a high performing team.
- Experience with coaching agents around soft skills, policies, processes, and workflows.
- Demonstrate detail orientation, organizational, prioritization and time management skills; experience building daily/weekly structure in schedule.
- Driven to proactively immerse in and own the customer experience, continuously building and assessing best practices to create consistent and positive customer experiences.
- Effective problem solving/process improvement skills used to identify and resolve day-to-day operations.
- Ability to think analytically to identify qualitative or quantitative trends and take appropriate actions.
- Conducts team and individual 1:1 meetings to update members on current performance, best practices, and establish continuing expectations.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks for Windows, Xero, Intacct, and Netsuite preferred.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Active Listening - responsive and empathetic to customer/advocate needs
- Assertiveness - trust in their own judgement and are not overly dependent upon the approval of others.
- Values - inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust
- Communicativeness - ensuring that their team has current and accurate information needed for success
- Conflict Management - use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues
- Delegation - willing to entrust work to others
- High Standards - meticulous attention to detail and suggestions to improve processes steadily and effectively
- Influence - ability to direct, persuade, and motivate others
- Initiative - ability to see a need and take action without being prompted
- Learning Agility - Fosters a culture of interest, curiosity, and learning
- Positive Impact - Ability to energize their team and other people around them
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgement
- Relationship Building - ability to establish and maintain relationships throughout the organization
- Sensitivity - Respect for the individual, and appreciation of diversity among team members
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Achieve Bill.com Product Expert Certification; assist customers via email and chat
- AchieveKnowledge of Bill.com product/platform services
- Trained and actively performing administrative tasks (Leadership queue, complaints, scheduling, Zendesk reporting, payroll approval, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level
- Review and deliver QA results for direct reports
- Handle customer escalations
- Providing continual evaluation of processes and procedures; suggesting methods to improve operations, efficiency, and service
- Create and oversee development plans for direct reports
- Providing statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each direct report
- Conduct quarterly/annual performance reviews
- Humble – No ego
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer