We are SigFig. We’re here to empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to be customer-centric, engaging, and intuitively designed that use technology to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or businesses to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Phoenix, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- The People Team
People are the heart of SigFig’s success. Empowering the right talent is critical to achieving our mission. The People Team does this by being strategic partners to attract, champion, develop, and reward our people.
We work side-by-side with SigFig leaders to optimize their talent through data, accountability, culture, and brand. We invest in our talent strategy through inclusion to achieve greater diverse representation by fostering an environment that values different perspectives, challenges conventional thinking, and maximizes the potential of all people. Collaboration across the People Team optimizes a Sigfigian’s experience through the complete employee lifecycle to build a productive culture for top talent to thrive.
The Opportunity -- Senior Business Partner
As a Senior Business Partner, you will be a strategic partner supporting C-suite organizations with all People Team strategies in a fast paced and evolving mature start up. You will partner with leaders to develop the People strategy for supporting, developing, retaining and engaging our outstanding employees. You use an innovative mindset and passion to execute against the demands of a company that puts its people first to drive business priorities.You are on the front line working closely with executives to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You are comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
You will truly enjoy what you do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things. This role will report to the VP of People with extensive cross-functional interaction to drive strategies down to execution while keeping up the pace of SigFig. This is you!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Deliver: roll up your sleeves to execute a full range of People Team responsibilities from high level strategy to program design to problem solving to enable a healthy culture and positive employee experience
- Advise: guide leaders on strong People Team strategies that supports strategic objectives of SigFig and of the function, with a focus on growth, performance, and scaling the business
- Inform: derive and use people analytics to anticipate issues or opportunities and bring data-driven solutions that influence business outcomes
- Problem-solve: find the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, then design and quickly implement effective solutions
- Champion: people come first to accelerate a culture of excellence in which all employees feel engaged, supported, and inspired to deliver top business results
Why We Value You
- You provide day-to-day performance management guidance to people managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement)
- You drive successful organizational change and help coach leaders and teams to be successful at change management
- You partner with other People Team functions, including Recruiting and Workplace Experiences, to develop and deliver value-added solutions to support all employees
- You rollout impactful People programs to designated client groups, which include performance management, talent review, compensation, workforce planning, on-boarding, communications, engagement surveys and policy interpretation
- You have a confirmed ability to support key People initiatives in complex and/or broad, often global, environments
- You have a deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- You have the professional self-esteem and confidence to “push back” on executives when necessary
- You undertake projects and tasks with an attention to detail coupled with a sense of urgency
- You are a super high energy individual with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- You are a good sounding board for others, with low ego
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 7+ years of Business Partner or business consulting experience with exposure Tech or another industry
- Above average EQ with insurmountable empathy for people with demonstrated success establishing trusted relationships with the utmost respect for confidentiality
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel as needed (10%)
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.