Founded in 2008, Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most. Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Life360 is a high-growth, freemium consumer mobile company that has raised >$200 million in equity capital since inception. Our customer base, which currently exceeds 23 million monthly active users (MAU), has enabled us to become one of the world's largest sources of consumer driving data with more than 18 billion miles collected per month as of June 2019. The company is at the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data, etc) in pioneering its family-centric platform. Life360 has over 130 employees and counting across offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas. As of early 2019, we are public on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Life360 is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst. This role will report to the Director of Finance. As our ideal candidate, you will be responsible for all areas related to budgeting, forecasting, long range planning, and analysis. The SFA will implement robust forecasting and reporting tools for revenue, related metrics and costs. Additionally, this role is responsible for identifying and establishing efficient processes and systems. The position will have contact with C-level management which calls for strong communication skills; verbal and written. A fast learning, self-starter with excellent analytical skills will be successful in this role.
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models for revenue, related costs, and metrics
- Track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Support the quarterly / annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long range strategic planning
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual variance analysis and reporting packages
- Partner with executive team and functional budget owners to provide operational analysis and reporting, establish alignment on long-term strategy, and drive improvements to operating efficiency and forecasting
- Drive and provide support for ad-hoc strategic financial analyses and projects to support senior management and business decisions
- Own operational analytics and maintain peer group analysis
- Develop detailed understanding of company’s business model and KPIs.
- Identify and quantify operational risks and opportunities
- Track external financial benchmarks to drive optimal financial strategy and align investor expectations
- Manage key deliverables and assist senior management in preparing external communications
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred; MBA is a plus
- 5 years of FP&A or corporate finance experience in technology, preferably app related or consumer technology
- Experience working in a start-up/small company environment
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Proficient in SQL and data visualization tools (eg Tableau)
- Experience with MPP databases such as Snowflake, Redshift, etc. is a plus
- Comfortable analyzing and managing large data sets
- Self-starter, ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with Netsuite
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking paired with intellectual curiosity and aptitude in picking up new technical skills
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role