Founded in 2008, Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most. Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Life360 is a high-growth, freemium consumer mobile company that has raised >$200 million in equity capital since inception. Our customer base, which currently exceeds 23 million monthly active users (MAU), has enabled us to become one of the world's largest sources of consumer driving data with more than 18 billion miles collected per month as of June 2019. The company is at the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data, etc) in pioneering its family-centric platform. Life360 has over 130 employees and counting across offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas. As of early 2019, we are public on the Australian Stock Exchange.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Life360, Test Engineering is a centralized group concentrated on making it as easy as possible for teams to build quality into their features. We do this by working with teams from design to production focusing on preventing bugs from making it into the repository. We emphasize building automation to find blocking bugs, which frees up teams to pursue the most difficult to find bugs.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of mobile device sensors and hardware
- 3 to 5 years of experience testing mobile applications
- Natural curiosity to ask how could this happen and ability to break software
- Tenacious approach to finding the most difficult bugs
- Solid understanding of software concepts and mobile apps
- Great communication skills
- The ability to dog food our location and drive detection features
- Pull logs and use debugging tools like ADB logcat and similar technologies
- Diagnose bug reports for location and battery
- Look for signals from multiple channels
- Manually test the Life360 mobile app
- Define test strategies and write test plans
- Should be able to write scripts or small tools
- Find new bugs by actively trying to break the app
- Prevent bugs by thinking of error cases in product and design reviews
- Define and ensure the quality bar for feature areas
- Experience testing location-based services
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to pattern-match and connect seemingly unrelated dots
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks and food in our fully stocked kitchen
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- The computer operating system of your choice
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco.
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.