Release Engineer at PicsArt
The Release Engineer is a hands-on position that works across groups and teams at PicsArt. This role is critical to ensuring we are properly tracking and monitoring our existing and new product releases and works closely with product teams to align key dates. This role is responsible for app builds and releases, design and development of builds, scripts, and systems including source code control and app health monitoring. Works closely with a quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards.
- Develop and operate tools and automation to allow for efficient, reliable releases
- Work with engineering teams to design sustainable deployment packaging and automation systems.
- Manage source repositories and branches using Git
- Drive continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins
- Design, set up and enforce standards and procedures for development activities
- Monitor release health with tools such as Firebase, Crashlytics, Android Vitals.
- Perform mobile app submissions
- 4+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in build and release engineering
- Thorough understanding of configuration management and release engineering practices
- Experience managing the build and release process for mobile products
- Demonstrated ability to keep up with new technology and recommend software standards
- Wide experience with automation and orchestration tools and continuous integration technology
- Team player that works effectively with a cross functional team including Engineering and Product
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, Agile/Lean development environment with evolving priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Experience with managing Itunes and Google Play releases.