We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Role
Stride seeks a Backend focused engineer to help shape its bright future! We want to build products that help people that employ themselves have economic security.
We're a high-energy, collaborative team that's empowering consumers to make decisions about their health coverage in a way unparalleled by anyone else. We are committed to building the best in class products that leverage technology in a smart way. That's where you come in!
- You will help to build and test our recommendations engine and also help modify and codify our infrastructure using the best tools for the job.
- This candidate will eventually own the backend of the marketplace team.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 1 - 2+ years of experience with full-stack software development
- React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3
- Cloud experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Some application development experience and knowledge of what it takes to build and deploy your own application
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!