SigFig is tearing down the barriers to investing. We've raised over $110 million to support our growth as the #1 Online Investment Advisor for large Financial Institutions. Help us define the next generation of investing!
We're looking for a Director of Engineering, Core Product who will manage SigFig’s talented team of UX engineers. Our ideal candidate is a proven leader, highly technical, and passionate about building beautiful products. This leadership role reports to the CTO and will work closely with engineering leadership to build high quality financial products and launch to the mass market via partnerships with leading banks.
The Director of Engineering, Core Product will lead 15+ engineers out of San Francisco to build SigFig’s core product features. Ideal candidate will inspire our existing team and has demonstrated success scaling engineering teams and building amazing experiences with modern technologies and user experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Attract, develop and retain high performers
- Direct technical implementation of projects and provide technology strategy and thought leadership
- Create product roadmaps, specifications, scope and timeline for various projects
- Improve agile methodologies and SDLC processes to innovate quickly
- Active participation in requirements and design reviews
- Help drive page performance improvements
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WITH:
- Broad domain expertise (SEO, web performance, i18n, AB testing, etc)
- Strong understanding of web architectural principles and best practices (including design patterns, code management, continuous integration, automated testing)
- Experience building consumer web experiences, preferably in the finance industry
- Extensive experience with either Angular or React, and single page apps
- Understanding of responsive layout and design principles
- Background building i18n, l10n, CRM-driven websites
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues
- Knowledge of security best practices
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
- Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Fitness subsidy
- Commuter subsidy
SigFig is dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, SigFig helps empower investors with the information and guidance they need to achieve their personal financial goals. Through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions, SigFig seeks to help investors and advisors better manage their investments. Its enterprise technology accelerates time to market for its partners, while doing so in a secure, scalable, and compliant way. Its product, design, and growth labs fuel innovation, accelerate adoption, and create delight for clients.
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by leading financial institutions including Eaton Vance, Comerica Bank, New York Life, Santander InnoVentures, and UBS, as well as top-tier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more at www.sigfig.com.