We are looking for a passionate senior-level QA engineer eager to jump into a fast-paced development team and tackle compelling projects. We are a highly technical organization focused on software devel-opment, creativity, and on building meaningful features/functionality. This position is in a team that de-livers cutting-edge Java solutions and is responsible for expanding the product’s features and function-ality. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating and establishing the policies and pro-cedures for the US Engineering QA team. The focus of this role includes maintaining the test repositories, mentoring other team members, managing the team workflow, and maintaining sprint metrics.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate and implement new QA ideas and concepts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA team.
- Develop and execute test strategies, test design, and test execution, to properly validate the products and services offered to our customers.
- Isolate, reproduce and track bugs. Create and maintain defect requirements.
- Track and report on defect activity in the QA sprint.
- Mentor QA team members, to include training sessions, test reviews, requirement walk-thru sessions and other methods as needed to help them advance their knowledge of QA.
- Assign all work from the QA sprint to the team members, and work with the project manager to en-sure progress of QA sprint deliverables.
- Gather meaningful QA sprint metrics and distribute reports to the US Engineering Team.
Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline, or commensurate industry experience.
- QA certifications from ASQ or ISTQB a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software QA, showing a steady progression of taking on increas-ingly more complex duties and evolving into senior leadership roles
- 4+ years in senior level QA or above position
- Experience in the travel industry a plus
- Strong understanding and demonstrated use of best QA practices and methodologies
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience evaluating and maintaining test repositories
- Extensive experience creating test strategies, test plans, and test runs for large, complex projects
- Experience leading QA test teams in all quality management activities
- Strong analytic skills in requirement reviews and defect root cause analysis
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to internal and external audiences
- Must possess the ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Experience working on a distributed development team
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to junior QA team members
- Activities are expected to be carried out with minor supervision
Founded in 2002, DerbySoft is a Shanghai and Dallas-based technology company serving the global hospitality industry. The mission of the company is to facilitate a global distribution network utilizing direct connections be-tween hospitality suppliers and their demand-side counterparts. The company’s infrastructure is globally distributed and its partners include all of the world’s largest hotel companies, online travel agencies, metasearch engines, and other industry participants.