Fivestars is a leading network of small businesses and consumers focused on helping local communities, binding them together through a loyalty program. Last year we drove over 80 million in-store visits leveraging over 50 million users.
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you’ll manage teams that plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant application that seamlessly integrate with a merchants point of sale.
What you’ll do:
- Coach a team of senior engineers who develop software integrations across multiple operating systems (Windows, Mobile) and hundreds of points of sale
- Partner with product managers to understand the biggest pain points for Fivestars merchants and empower the engineering team to come up with creative solutions
- Provide technical leadership on architecture, code reviews and best practices
- Be involved in critical discussions and decisions with leadership across engineering, product, design, QA, and analytics
- Help grow the Fivestars engineering team by nurturing engineers, recruiting world-class talent and setting high standards for yourself and others
- Implement and advocate for best engineering and testing practices
- Always be shipping software
What you have:
- Success managing a senior engineering team
- The will to tackle tough technical challenges and persevere even when conventional solutions may fail
- Developed and maintained multiple applications through the entirety of their lifecycle
- A high level of curiosity and a current pulse on the latest technologies
- A strong eye for software design
- A desire to impact local businesses and communities
What we’re looking for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least 3 engineers
- 8+ years of experience developing software
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Experience with Windows APIs, Python, or native Android is a plus
Who we are:
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing program. Fivestars drives over $2.5 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.