SigFig is tearing down the barriers to investing. We've raised over $110 million to support our growth as the #1 Online Investment Advisor for large Financial Institutions. To meet the rapidly growing demand and interest in our investment solution, we have recently set-up a development office in India. Come join a fast growing San Francisco based-company and help build SigFig India’s team.We have a unique opportunity to change the way people invest, and the quality of our systems must be rock solid. Let us define the next generation of investing!
As a QA Engineer at SigFig, you will work closely with our engineering teams to assure quality of complex algorithms, business features and integrated systems. We are looking for detail-oriented, talented individuals with a passion for quality assurance and experience in server-side testing, who can thrive in a dynamic environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- System Integration testing across multiple services.
- Create and maintain test plans through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Create maintain and execute test plans for product releases
- Create, maintain and execute test cases and regression suites
- Work in an agile environment to efficiently deliver quality features.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience and at least 1 year of server-side testing experience
- Technical Expertise :
- Experience with Web/HTTP debugging tools such as Charles Proxy, Firebug, Chrome/Safari Consoles
- Experience in REST API testing; using tools like REST client, REST Frameworks (e.g. REST Assured), SoapUI, Postman
- Proficiency in SQL: selects, joins, inserts and updates
- Experience working on project and defect management tools such as JIRA and TestRail
- Experience with examining application logs, console logs and server logs to debug errors
- Server-Side Testing is a plus— You have exposure to service-oriented architectures or microservices, algorithmic testing experience, data processing or systems integration testing.
- Great Communication Skills — You are able to clearly articulate your thoughts during verbal and written communications. The work we do here is very collaborative (and globally distributed), so team players with experience in fast-moving projects is a big plus as well.
- Self-starters with the interest and ability to learn scripting and other technologies as needed.
- Front-end testing experience is a plus
- Domain Experience is a plus — You understand the financial services domain and clearly understand the complexity, issues, and challenges involving such integrations and have experience in overcoming them.
- Passion for finance and investing is a plus.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
SigFig is dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, SigFig helps empower investors with the information and guidance they need to achieve their personal financial goals. Through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions, SigFig seeks to
help investors and advisors better manage their investments. Its enterprise technology accelerates time to market for its partners, while doing so in a secure, scalable, and compliant way. Its product, design, and growth labs fuel innovation, accelerate adoption, and create delight for clients.
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by leading financial institutions including Eaton Vance, Comerica Bank, New York Life, Santander InnoVentures, and UBS, as well as top-tier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more at www.sigfig.com.