Founded in 2008, Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most.
Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Life360 is a high-growth, freemium consumer mobile company that has raised >$200 million in equity capital since inception. Our customer base, which currently exceeds 23 million monthly active users (MAU), has enabled us to become one of the world's largest sources of consumer driving data with more than 18 billion miles collected per month as of June 2019. The company is at the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data, etc) in pioneering its family-centric platform.
Life360 has over 130 employees with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas, as well as remote engineers. As of early 2019, we are public on the Australian Stock Exchange.
For more information, visit us at life360.com
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for an experienced engineering quality leader to join the Life360 team. As our Director of Test Engineering, you will lead the quality efforts to help us provide a great experience to our every growing audience of 25M users. You will help direct the test engineering and overall quality roadmap, set compelling test strategies and vision for the team, and own the release process from end-to-end. You will play a significant role in evolving Life360’s quality mindset culture as we continue to grow. This position reports to the CTO.
You are joining a team of engineers who already pride on having a great quality mobile app that is known for great location accuracy and reliability, with low latency and low battery life. We are often ranked amongst the top 20 mobile apps on the AppStores and consistently in the top 3 in the Social Networking category. With millions of reviews to our name, we are also rated 4.5+ or higher. As a leader of test engineering, your job would be to not just maintain but help us surpass these benchmarks. Our CEO, Chris Hulls believes that quality is the single biggest differentiator of our product against our competition and you will be at the forefront of maintaining that edge.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of test engineers and leads.
- Partner with engineers and product managers to ensure projects are designed with quality in mind through all stages of iteration and development in the V-model while moving fast within agile teams.
- Be responsible for all aspects of Test engineering including Manual, Automation and Field test
- Grow the team by attracting and retaining top talent in SF, San Diego and Remote.
- Be an obsessive champion for quality in the organization.
- Articulate the roadmap to help test both mobile and cloud platforms in an ever increasing user base with a lot of technical challenges such as sensors and location.
- Help define the quality benchmarks for each release and participate in the go/no-go decision making, holding a high bar on quality.
- Invest in tools and metrics that help the organization under quality.
- 10+ years of experience in quality teams, working on consumer products
- 6+ years of experience managing teams, with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- Fluency in defining and increasing quality for mobile and cloud applications through processes.
- Strong analytical skills to help understand product performance across an ever increasing test matrix.
- Experience working with cross-functional product teams (design, research, product, engineering, data science) in an agile environment
- Experience setting up and managing global teams of test engineers.
- Good understanding of GPS, Battery and Cloud architectures.
- Ability to make release decisions based on a mix of intuition and data.
- A passion for Life360’s mission — to bring families closer together
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k and various other benefits
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SoMa San Francisco, or by the sea in San Diego