Founded in 2008, Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most. Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Life360 is a high-growth, freemium consumer mobile company that has raised >$200 million in equity capital since inception. Our customer base, which currently exceeds 25 million monthly active users (MAU), has enabled us to become one of the world's largest sources of consumer driving data with more than 24 billion miles collected per month as of September 2019. The company is at the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data, etc) in pioneering its family-centric platform. Life360 has over 160 employees and counting across offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas. As of early 2019, we are public on the Australian Stock Exchange.
ABOUT THE JOB
The primary function of the Senior Technical Program Manager role is to organize, coordinate, communicate and deliver on critical product, strategic, and business-critical programs by working cross-functionally across teams to cascade higher level goals into first, then next steps. Success in this role hinges on effective, empathic communication and effective execution of product and engineering programs.
- Build trusting relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Guide teams through refining requirements and setting program, and sprint-level scope
- Strong background in Agile development processes and rituals.
- Ability to coach teams in proper agile processes and procedures.
- Proactively manage project milestones and timelines
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies & hand-offs
- Conduct efficient and effective meetings - keeping things concise and on point
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicate progress effectively to all relevant stakeholders including execs, product managers, and engineering leads
- Be a proactive problem-solver helping teams to side-step blockers, foresee issues before they arise, and limit predictable issues.
- Align with other parallel programs - help to prioritize and overcome resource contention
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company, directly managing the delivery of large, technically complex product development programs
- Experience delivering Android and iOS applications
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and Service projects desired.
- Superior communications skills: interpersonal, written, and presentation
- Superior organizational skills: notes, formal documentation, task assignment
- Proven ability to understand and breakdown complex, multifaceted programs and projects into manageable pieces, organize cross-functionally and drive execution
- Comfortable with ambiguity and starting from "scratch"
- Strong knowledge of JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.