We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Phoenix, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- QA Team
The QA Team is critical to the success of delivering the highest quality of products to our partners. The team achieves this through cross-collaboration to grow, maintain, and be responsible for the testing of SigFig’s products. QA strives to improve test coverage while ensuring standard methodologies and best practices are followed that will ensure reliable and efficient testing. As quality champions, the team is empowered to ensure SigFig product integrations with our large enterprise customers run smoothly.
The Opportunity -- Senior QA Engineer
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering teams to assure quality of complex algorithms, business features and integrated systems. You will focus on developing and maintaining test automation of UI end to end tests, api tests, monitoring CI/CD jenkin pipeline and process improvements, while working in an embedded manner with cross-functional engineering and product teams. With a passion for quality assurance and experience in server-side testing, you will thrive in our dynamic company. You will use your technical background and excellent communication skills to deliver quality SigFig products.
This role will report to the Automation Manager of QA with extensive cross-functional interaction across the entire SigFig organization.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Test: work closely with partners within our product development team to antagonistically test SigFig’s software and identify issues with new products and features
- Build: ensure products are high-quality by developing, maintaining and executing automated tests, and communicating with the team execution reports, issues, risk, and product quality
- Problem-Solve: extensive knowledge of problem resolution techniques and processes
- Mitigate Risk: Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk
- Partner: educate Engineering and Product on testing and QA; partner with teams to determine product quality goals and measurements
Why We Value You
- You have experience in building an automation framework from scratch or enhancing an existing framework
- You have experience working on automation technology such a Protractor, Selenium, Testcafe, Cypress or Appium
- You have exposure with API testing using REST Client, REST Assure, Axios or Soap UI
- You are able to develop well maintainable and reusable code
- You have excellent debugging skills
- You have experience writing unit tests and code coverage tools
- You are experienced setting CI/CD Jenkins or TeamCity pipelines and debug execution issues
- You are good with Linux commands and server-side testing
- You are self-motivated and keen to learn new technologies
- You partner with engineering to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- You have a deep understanding of the software development process (e.g. planning, designing
- implementing, testing, documenting, deployment, maintenance)
- You have mastered the ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities while maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information
- You create and maintain automated tests plans and through all phases of the project life cycle across all product releases
- You are knowledgeable in agile software development methodologies
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 5+ years of experience with strong automation skills
- Collaborate and work effectively across a globally distributed team on fast-moving projects
- Able to build a test automation framework and not just limited to UI automation
- Knowledge of Web/HTTP debugging tools such as Charles Proxy, Firebug, Chrome Safari Consoles plus REST API like REST client, REST Frameworks (e.g. REST Assured), SoapUI, and Postman
- Proficient in SQL: selects, joins, inserts and updates
- Ability in management tools such as JIRA and TestRail plus a deep experience with examining application logs, console logs and server logs to debug errors
- Exposure to Server-Side Testing, service-oriented architectures or microservices, algorithmic testing experience, data processing or systems integration testing
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply