Who we are:
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the sport fan and cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first TV streaming service in the U.S, growing to over 100,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. The company also broadcasts a wide variety of movies and entertainment programming including the FOX and NBC broadcast catalogs, Showtime, AMC…and much more to come! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional Backend Software Engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Platform Team, you will get to build highly-scalable and resilient systems, and help power our cutting edge experiences on Android, iOS, Web, Roku, and Xbox. fuboTV's Platform team has a unique opportunity to build and continuously improve our microservices architecture.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
Our tech stack:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, BigTable
fuboTV Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain and improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
All fuboTV Backend Software Engineers must:
- Have 5+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean and efficient code while adhering to established engineering standards and best practices
- Possess good knowledge of web technologies and experience building REST API services
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Requires at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS) or related field or equivalent as determined by a professional credentials evaluation.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted and depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo